Friday, June 5, 2009

Borderline

Have you ever had one of those days where nothing seems to be going right? I frequently have them, so it's just standard. If there's a cute guy in the room, it's pretty much guaranteed that I'll make an ass of myself. I'm the girl that falls out of her chair in class while staring. Never on purpose, it just seems that I draw the short straw. These comical shortcomings are just that - comical. If you can't laugh at yourself, how do you expect someone to take you seriously?

I didn't actually mean to get on that tangent, but it seems as though that's a good way to start. I'm having one of those days were I'm on the border of a bad mood. I'm tired, I'm in pain, I have a headache and I really just don't want to do anything. I think it's worse when you can feel your mood tipping. If you wake up in a bad mood, you have the excuse of waking up on the wrong side of the bed (I'm weird, but I've always thought of this as the left side of the bed, because if you woke up on the right side of the bed... well you get the picture, I've already admitted to being terrible at word association games). Unfortunately, my schedule doesn't want to cooperate. It knows no breaks, doesn't care that you have a headache. It doesn't do the dishes when you're too lazy or tired to do them after a long day of work. Jerk. I sometimes wish I had one of those really big Hobart dishwashers that act as a car wash for dishes. That's beside the point. How exactly do you stop from slipping into a bad mood? I'm in pain to the point that I can't stop moving and I've probably freaked out my coworkers with my cubicle yoga moves.

A lot of people just bitch about it and sit on their butt. I'm not going to lie, I do that at times. However, if you can force yourself to do something (like cubicle yoga) without alerting others to your almost bad mood, it will bring you out of it. By the way, never talk to my mother if you're in a borderline bad mood. She's an interesting person, one of those 'well it could always be worse!' types. If you tell her about one thing that is stressing you out, don't worry, she'll think of 50 more to nag you about just in case you forgot. I told my dad once that she should never become a motivational speaker and he said that besides having ADD, she's more of a 'put duct tape on it then rip it off' kind of mother than the 'put a band aid on it and pat your head' kind. Sometimes, I really just need a band aid. A Superman one. Not a littany of the million other things that are being put on hold in favor of the current crisis. That's one thing I've noticed about myself in the last year - things that wouldn't have bothered me before have become daily crises. However, the fabulous thing about a memory problem is that by the next hour or so, you completely forgot what the crisis was about.

Today I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open. This is due to my crazy monster dreams on the sleeping medication. I keep having dreams that someone has snuck into my apartment and is running a finger down my back. It's got me triple-checking my doors like a crazy person. Add to it a dreary day in cubicle land and it's just a bad match for productivity. I would almost be better served picking my nose and staring into space. Although I do feel better complaining for a little while, and let's face it, life could be worse - I could have to deal with this woman on a daily basis: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/may/24/meme-roth-obesity-nutrition.

No comments:

Post a Comment