Thursday, June 11, 2009

Just My Luck

Well, it's been a little while. I wish I could say it was because I was lazy, but it's actually the opposite - I've been working my ass off for work. It's been a crazy week, I went on my first real first date (ie, you haven't known the person for years and it was an actual 'get to know you' kind of thing). Too say I was nervous would be putting it mildly. I had the classic girl freak out about what to wear. Nothing calms you down quite like your mother and her golfing buddies suggesting you wear fishnets, stilettos and pasties. First, how the hell do you even put on fishnets? Don't they get stuck on your toes trying to pull them on? And stilettos... shit I trip over my feet when there's nothing on them, let alone heels of death. And pasties.... are just strange. Needless to say, it was a fun, good, albeit awkward time. I'm apparently a very awkward person.

Anyway, today has just been one of those days. Actually, I have those days all the time, so it's really just one of those lives. I got the results of my EEG back, I apparently have an earthquake in my head. There's an epicenter in the middle that is building tension and creating seizures when it breaks. I even saw the brainwaves for it. It doesn't have anything to do with the rest of my 'quirks,' so I'm having a rip-roaring good year. My neurologist was wondering why I reacted so well to the news that I will be on anti-seizure medication indefinitely. Really, it's just another thing on the list. Kaci decided I was probably a mass murderer in another life - I'm hoping for Genghis Khan. Or, someone out there has really awesome luck and they need to send me a thank you note. So do it. Now. And maybe a gift card or something. Preferably to a book store.

It's been a rough couple of days, but for some reason, the godforsaken light bulb is what threw me over the edge. More like found the biggest canyon in the world and just shoved me over the edge. So about ten minutes before I have guests coming, not one, but two of the lights in my apartment go out. I only have like five, so this is a big deal for me. Anyway, I finally got the chance to run to the hardware store, which I did earlier today, got a couple bulbs and replaced the lights. As I am putting in the track light that went out, the one next to it starts to flicker.... and then goes out. So as I'm swearing at the light in my kitchen, I nearly fell off the chair... and I realize that in the grand scheme of things, it's a freaking light bulb, I have much bigger problems to worry about. But for some reason, I have no idea why, that's what set me off today. So I hiked my ass back to the hardware store, got yet another $8 light bulb and replaced the damn thing.

So now me, my lumpy head with an earthquake inside and my fully lit apartment are going to bed. Did I mention I replaced three bulbs in an apartment I'll only be in for another three or four weeks? That sort of irks me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment